Twiga Aero | Sharing 50+ Years of Aviation Experience
Unique expertise of pre-flight airport operations to train a new generation of specialised ground and aviation personnel, and provide advanced solutions for Emerging Market ground operators and airlines.
The origins of name Twiga is from the Kiswahili language and signifies giraffe. It is highly symbolic for us, since like the giraffe, Twiga Aero has its feet solidly grounded and is sensitive to all the challenges associated with a ground environment. It has its 50+ years to back this unique knowledge and rich industry expertise.
With its head high above the ground, Twiga Aero uses its own visionary and strategic approach to develop and implement sustainable, practical solutions, which collectively offer a long-term, positive impact on the aviation industry, especially how things get done and with a focus on cost-effectiveness.
We believe that to fly safe, ground operations must be flawless. Typically our clients include target Ground Service Providers, Airlines, Civil Aviation Authorities and Airport Operators.
Maurizio & Brenda, Partners in Life and in Business, Co-Founders Twiga Aero Limited.
The Company in Brief
Twiga Aero Ltd is a member of the IATA Strategic Partnership Program
Twiga Aero is an aviation training and consultancy company whose solid ground operations expertise addresses the challenges
Twiga Aero uses a visionary and strategic approach to develop and implement sustainable, practical solutions that have long term, positive impact in aviation
The global ground “handling“ business is now estimated to be worth over USD100 billion, with USD12 Billion in aircraft ground damage annually
Over 50 years of combined ground operational experience as well as SMS & QMS implementation gained through working for various aviation organizations in different operational and management capacities (IATA, Air France, Iberia, Markair, Easy Jet Switzerland, Kenya Airways, Bangkok Flight Services, Worldwide Flight Services and more).
Twiga Aero has developed training content for IATA in key courses:
- SMS Implementation Professional Diploma Program
- Airside Safety Operations & Compliance
- Developing an Effective Safety Culture, IOSA – SMS requirements
- Aircraft Turnaround & Loading Supervision
Conducted Root Cause Analysis to resolve systemic deficiencies and recurrent issues in quality and safety as well as improve ground operations standards in the following key projects & initiatives:
- Ground Operational Safety Assessment, Muscat & Helsinki
- Operational risk management for NokScoot Airlines, Bangkok
- Airports Systems & Operational Safety Assessment, Phnom Penh
- SMS & QMS implementation project, Bangkok.
- Tiger Team project to influence the safety culture at the Suvarnabhumi International Airport (SVB) Aerodrome level
- SVB Safety, Security, Quality Assurance Agreement development and distribution to all Airline Operators Committee (AOC) members in Bangkok Suvarnabhumi International Airport
- Aerodrome pavement inspections with Airbus (Sep 2016) & Boeing (Nov. 2015) to avoid severe aircraft ground damage & improve taxiway & runway conditions in BKK SVB
More Company Highlights
Using a uniquely developed and proven implementation methodology, Twiga Aero Ltd. provides consulting and training on the Implementation of Safety and Quality Management Systems (SMS & QMS).
Key expertise is derived from a network of specialized aviation industry professionals possessing a proven, practical knowledge in Flight and Ground Operations, Aviation Law, Maintenance and Engineering, Accident Investigations, Emergency Response, Project Management, Auditing, Airport Operations and Air Cargo operations.
From audit preparation for IOSA and ISAGO to project management and document/records management services, Twiga Aero Ltd. is fully equipped to provide wide-ranging practical assistance to the aviation industry.
With a broad client history from Airlines to Ground Service Providers, from Civil Aviation to Airport Authorities, Twiga Aero Ltd. provides targeted solutions to address common issues inherent to the industry.
More Twiga Aero Achievements
Development of the IATA global programmes Ground Damage Prevention Program (GDPP), IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO), IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM), SMS Implementation Professional Program (SMS IP).
- IATA Baggage Improvement Program with airport authorities in Nairobi & Johannesburg
- Development & preparation for ISAGO implementation in Nairobi & Mombasa
- Implementation of Risk Management Systems in Egypt
- Cargo operational readiness review in Kazakhstan
- TCAA Ground Operations & Fuel Licensing study in Tanzania
Thought leadership provided through engagement with Ground Handling International (GHI) Conference & Magazine:
- GHI Africa conference organization, Johannesburg (2014 & 2016)
- GHI Asia & Africa training: IATA SGHA/SLA , Operational Risk Assessment, Root Cause Analysis, IGOM Implementation Workshop & Aviation Ground Operations Management, Safety Culture improvement through the Tiger Team concept presentation.
- GHI Ground Damage Stakeholders conference 2015 London: Human Factors anonymous interviews & presentation
- Published numerous articles in the GROUND HANDLING INTERNATIONAL MAGAZINE and AIRSIDE INTERNATIONAL
Twiga Aero Founders
Co-Founder & Chairman
- Expertise in high-quality investing decisions to boost business growth and increase profits
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders, and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Lead role in IATA Training and Developmental Institute for Instructor led learning
- IATA Registered Instructor for several Aviation Disciplines
- Driving Innovation through developing regulatory Standards including: ISAGO, IGOM, IATA, SMS Implementation
Co-Founder & Managing Director
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- To drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Implemented the KQ (Kenya Airways) Safety and Quality Management Systems by ensuring compliance as well as conformity in documentation and ground operational activities, corporate policies and processes
- Key collaborator on the development of the Annual African GHI Conference program, agenda and speaker line
- Numerous projects undertaken including: Development of Ground Operational Manuals, Development and Review of IATA Training courses, Preparation for the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO)