Twiga Aero | Sharing 50+ Years of Aviation Experience
TWIGA AERO LTD is an aviation consulting and training firm. With its headquarters in Mauritius, it was established in 2013. Twiga Aero continuously seeks ways to provide transformational change to our clients in the aviation industry. Our core corporate values that help to us to drive our business are:
‘Integrity, Passion, Leadership, Strategy & Expertise.’
This what we bring to the table as we engage with our clients. Our corporate values govern the manner in which we do business and will not be compromised as we seek greater profitability.
We offer a series advisory solutions, coaching and training with proven, practical approaches to:
- Help aviation clients advance their Management System’s knowledge for safety and quality
- Save money in the IATA SGHA and build efficiencies on their Service Level Agreements
- Resolve operational challenges linked to the $12B annual cost of aircraft ground damage
- Achieve ISAGO registry
- Implement IGOM and other IATA global standards (AHM913, AHM640, AHM610, AHM803)
- Implementation and Certification of Service Performance Measurement System (SPM2018) for service level agreements
- Operational Risk Assessment and Letter of Expertise & Endorsement (ORA-LEE) for Ground Support Equipment (GSE)
Our goal is to put our clients on an ascension path providing practical training on safety, quality, risk management and ground operations related courses, Learn Engage, Aspire, Propel (LEAP).
Our partners and customers engage with us for the following key reasons:
- To gain insights/visibility on where the hot spots/risks are in the operations at a tactical level
- They seek support in building the competence of their operational management on how to be better risk managers and decision makers in the operational environment
- To positively influence organizational culture to enhance accountability and safety leadership at the strategic level
- To leverage off our expertise and network to create competitive and complimentary solutions for the market.
Twiga Aero Founders
Co-Founder & Chairman
- Expertise in high-quality investing decisions to boost business growth and increase profits
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics
- Analyze problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth
- Build trust relations with key partners and stakeholders, and act as a point of contact for important shareholders
- Lead role in IATA Training and Developmental Institute for Instructor led learning
- IATA Registered Instructor for several Aviation Disciplines
- Driving Innovation through developing regulatory Standards including: ISAGO, IGOM, IATA, SMS Implementation
Co-Founder & Managing Director
- Develop high quality business strategies and plans ensuring their alignment with short-term and long-term
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission
- To drive the company’s development and guide it towards long-term success
- Review financial and non-financial reports to devise solutions or improvements
- Implemented the KQ (Kenya Airways) Safety and Quality Management Systems by ensuring compliance as well as conformity in documentation and ground operational activities, corporate policies and processes
- Key collaborator on the development of the Annual African GHI Conference program, agenda and speaker line
- Numerous projects undertaken including: Development of Ground Operational Manuals, Development and Review of IATA Training courses, Preparation for the IATA Safety Audit for Ground Operations (ISAGO)
We pride ourselves in helping our clients win.
Some key examples include:
- Ground Handling International (GHI) partner: Key note speakers, presenters, panelists and conference director for the GHI Africa Conferences 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018. Publisher of numerous articles in the Ground Handling International Magazine.
- IATA Strategic Partner in ground operations.
- IATA Instructors for ground operations, safety, quality & risk management related courses.
- IATA Consultants for ground operations, management systems implementation and feasibility studies for ground operations service and fuel provision.
- Malaysian Airlines Berhad group in Kuala Lumpur: continue to be on a steady path to implementing their just culture program and strengthening their safety leadership through our Master Classes on safety culture with the C- Level management of the group of companies (MASwings, Firefly, Maskargo, AeroDarat).
- JetStar in Melbourne: Adopted and implemented IGOM, influenced the adoption of IGOM across the group (Qantas, Qantas Link as well their service providers Oceania and Aerocare, now a Swissport company).
- Royal Airport Services, Ground Service Provider (GSP) in Pakistan achieved implementation of their top priorities two times faster than planned after receiving our comprehensive assessment report with recommendations.
- NokScoot Airlines in Bangkok Don Mueang International Airport achieved a reduction in aircraft damage through our Ramp Master Class and improved contractual conditions for the airline through the SGHA & SLA Masterclass.
- Panus Assembly & Bliss-Fox, Ground Support Equipment (GSE) manufacturer increased sales by 50% after incorporating our Operational Risk Assessment report in the marketing of their pushback, cargo and baggage tractors (ORA LEE).
- Airports of Thailand (AOT) Don Mueng headquarter office; gained insights about how to provide effective oversight over GSP and ground operations after having undergone our Aviation Ground Operations Management comprehensive workshop.
- Cambodia Airports Company: as IATA consultants we provided strategic guidance for the implementation of SMS, IGOM, ISAGO & Operational Safety improvements through an Operational Readiness Review advisory service.
- Astra Aviation saved USD 80,000 from our SGHA & SLA advisory service.
- Groundforce Portugal: conducted an operational Deep Dive Assessment and gap analysis for that highlighted strategic, tactical and operational deficiencies. It also provided a specific, prioritized action plan to drive management system implementation, safety culture, GSE management, training and a focused team approach (Tiger Team concept) to reduce aircraft ground damage, injuries, incidents and accidents.
Our methodology for consulting is practical and structured. We call it the Triple A approach (i.e. AAA)